Accomplishments all Centerton citizens can take pride in include:
- Originated by early Settler Reverend Wyatt Coffelt, took top honors at the St. Louis World’s fair in 1904. Centerton was called the “Apple Capital of the World” when it won prizes at the world’s Fair in Paris, France.
- A Mercury Space Mission carried a part manufactured by BEMCO, Inc. in Centerton. Designed by Ted Kimmel, BEMCO’s engineer, the part was carefully produced with local labor that still today test every product shipped from Centerton.
- Ricky Waddell was awarded one of the nation’s highest honors when named Rhodes Scholar in 1982 after his graduation from West Point.
- An area farm family — The John Adams Family — was named the Arkansas Farm Family of the year in 1986. This was a first for Benton County in the 40-year program
- 2018: Centerton ranked #2 in the state as the safest city in Arkasnas according to alarms.org
- 2017: Centerton ranked #5 in the state as the safest city in Arkansas according to alarms.org
- 2016: Centerton ranked #5 in the state as the safest city in Arkansas according to safewise.com
- 2016: Centerton ranked #3 in the state with the lowest buglary rate according to protectamerica.com
- 2016: Centerton ranked #3 in the state as Arkansas’ Most Successful Cities according to zippia.com
- 2016: Centerton ranked #1 in the state for the hardest working place in Arkansas according to zippia.com
- 2016: Centerton ranked #3 in the nation for suburban places to live according to realtormag.realtor.org
- 2016: Centerton ranked #5 in the state for the happiest places in Arkansas according to katv.com
- 2015: Centerton ranked #4 in the state for safest places in Arkansas according to Valuepenguin.com
- 2014: Centerton ranked #2 in the state for the best cities for home ownership according to nerdwallet.com
- 2012: Centerton ranked #5 in the nation for best places to raise your kids according to Bloomberg.com
Downtown Centerton is located four miles from the Walmart General Offices and four miles from their largest warehouse, #6094. The city is also located just five miles from (XNA) the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport. Bentonville touches Centerton on the city’s east side. Centerton is located near the center of Benton County and that is why the city was named Centerton.
Centerton is a great place to live and raise a family. Centerton has a wholesomeness and freshness that comes only from nice people and good planning. The town has many new outstanding housing developments that are conveniently located. The picture above is just one of the many new developments with beautiful homes that await owners. Take a drive to Centerton and see! It’s located just west of Bentonville on Highway 102.