SALARY LEVEL: $12.00 hour
DEPARTMENT: Police Clerk’s Office
BENEFITS: Fully benefited position
JOB STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Centerton Police Department
Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday – Friday
Days and hours may vary as needed: may routinely include night, holiday, and/or weekend work.
Assists the Senior Police Clerk with daily delegated tasks. Primary job functions include but not limited to: Answering phones, assisting costumers, filing, collection, data entry, dissemination and storage of all official records and materials submitted from within the department relating to criminal activity/offenses, traffic-related activities, and all services provided by the Department.
The duties listed above and below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
QUALIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Preferred- ACIC II certified and previous police clerk or admin clerk experience. Preferred previous experience with Virtual Justice, RPS, MOVE (E-Cite/E-Crash), and Arkansas FOIA training. Basic knowledge of legal, judicial and law enforcement systems.
- Mandatory- Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, proficiency a must. Must be able to pass a background check. High school diploma or above. Operate office machines such as copiers, scanners, fax machines, etc.
- Answers the telephone and assists walk-in visitors by directing them to appropriate person(s), providing routine information, or assisting them with Police records/accidents and appointment scheduling.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced/ high stress environment required.
- Listen and follow instructions, take direction, gather information over the telephone and in person
- Prepare concise and accurate statements/messages for officers and staff.
- Comprehend and learn department policies and procedures
- Must have good interpersonal skills, including patience and the ability to listen and communicate with customers & citizens from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds or criminal convictions.
- Run departmental errands, delivering and obtaining documents, records, supplies and other items.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Perform other duties in a learning capacity, as assigned.
For more information, requirements, duties & responsibilities, work characteristics, conditions, physical & Emotional ability requirements, please contact the Centerton Police Department 479-795-4431 opt. 3 or City Hall 479-795-2750 opt. 5